[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP and DNS servers
 Date:  Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:44:53 -0400
On 7/7/05, Andy Choi <andy dash choi at infinitelabs dot net> wrote:
> the TCP/IP properties stuff: That doesn't do anything.
> m0n0wall is the VPN not a box internally.  m0n0wall is already dishing out DNS servers to VPN
clients that connect.  I need to know how to force windows to use the DNS settings it has been
provided in the VPN connection instead of the wireless/ethernet/dialup connection.

good question....   usually adapter binding order takes care of issues
with different connections trying to take over, but moving "remote
access connections" to the top of the binding order had no effect (and
I'm not even sure if Windows includes PPTP in "remote access
connections", or only dial up stuff).  My Cisco VPN client puts the
DNS servers handed out by the other side on top of the priority list,
but the Windows client doesn't seem to do nor permit that, from what I
can see.

-Chris