[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andy Choi <andy dash choi at infinitelabs dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP and DNS servers
 Date:  Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:10:37 -0500
Thanks Chris.  Your last e-mail gave me the proper terms to search for
in google:
Go here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311218

Specifically this info:
WORKAROUND
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious
problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from
using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To work around this problem, edit the registry to move the Remote Access
Services connection to the top of the binding order:
1.
Click Start, click Run, type
regedit32 in the Open box, and then
click OK.
2.
Click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM
\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip
\Linkage
3.
In the right pane, double-click
Bind.
4.
In the Value data box, select the
"\Device\NdisWanIp" item, press CTRL
+X, click the top of the list of
devices, and then press CTRL+V.
5.
Click OK, and then quit Registry
Editor.

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 15:44 -0400, Chris Buechler wrote:
> On 7/7/05, Andy Choi <andy dash choi at infinitelabs dot net> wrote:
> > the TCP/IP properties stuff: That doesn't do anything.
> > m0n0wall is the VPN not a box internally.  m0n0wall is already dishing out DNS servers to VPN
clients that connect.  I need to know how to force windows to use the DNS settings it has been
provided in the VPN connection instead of the wireless/ethernet/dialup connection.