[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  Bryan Catlin <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Windows CA Cert?
 Date:  Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:20:25 -0700
Bryan,

On 7/5/05, Bryan Catlin <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net> wrote:
> I have a windows 2000 Adv server with CA and want to generate certificates
> for all my monowall boxes running 1.2b9.  I can't figure out how to get the
> Windows CA to give me both the Key and certificate.

I don't have a free Win2K adv serv lying around, but from what I
remember, you have to go export your generated certificate to the
base64-encoded CER type.  Make sure you export both the PUBLIC and
PRIVATE keys.

You should be able to open the exported file in notepad.  From there,
you should see two sections, one that says 'private key', the other
saying like 'public certificate' or something...  The sections are
bounded by a bunch of '--------- <section> ---------'.

Those two sections are you public/private keys to drop into the
Advanced page in m0n0wall's config.  Make sure you leave the
'--------- <section> ---------' header when pasting into the config
page.

/sylikc