[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Clements Jr <davids dot techmail at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Any way to integrate a few features?
 Date:  Thu, 7 Jul 2005 20:38:10 -0500
On my Dlink 624+ There is an option to "reserve" a DHCP address to a type of
MAC addressed NIC. If monowall currently has this, how is it implemented?
and if not how difficult would it be to implement? Another good feature
would be a wireless feature, say I install a wireless NIC of a certain brand
and can use it to pass IP's to wireless clients/devices, and it is like a AP
built in. If monowall has this feature currently that would be nice to know
a bit more about.

A few good things about m0n0wall I do like are.

   1. WOL options
   2. ease of construction and maintenance
    3. ease of media consistency (can burn a new CDR for new updated
   versions, copy my floppy disk onto a new one to retain my configuration)
   4. unlimited or not hardware limited port options (most 3rd party
   routers only allow 10 open ports and such, some even less)