 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic shaper question & m0n0wall beginner remarks
 Date:  Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:20:34 +0200
Hi,
I recently switched from fli4l to m0n0wall hoping for two things: easier
configuration and a working traffic shaper. The configuration was indeed
much easier - no chewing through text files. All very simple and it took
only minutes to set up. Very nice. The only scary thing was the
"physdiskwrite" program that I had to use to put m0n0wall on an old hard
drive. There should definitely be a safer and foolproof option here.
It is nice that the configuration program runs on the m0n0wall-machine, but
you frequently have to wait because the hardware is naturally slow. There
should also be an offline configuration program that transmits the changed
config to the m0n0wall-machine.
The traffic shaper unfortunately didn't work for me. I used the "magic
shaper" but still one client in the LAN can bring down the others by
downloading/uploading something. I would like to give equal bandwidth
shares to all the (known) clients in the LAN. Of course it should still be
possible for each client to use the maximum available bandwidth if not used
by others. Is there anything I can do to achieve this? Where can I find
information about the traffic shaper? The documentation page about it seems
to be empty.
Thanks,
Peter

________
mymail - der unschlagbare und kostenlose E-Mail-Dienst der Schweiz!
http://mymail.ch/?redirect=9999

Schnell-Entschlossene.
http://mymail.ch/?redirect=2138