[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Rudi Stene <rudste at start dot no>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN IP-address not assigned
 Date:  Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:42:26 -0400
> Can it be that the WAN interface is set up wrong..

When you initially setup m0n0wall, it should have been done from the
console screen where you select 1) Interfaces: assign network ports.

During this process you are suppose to disconnect the cables first and
follow the prompts. At the time you setup the WAN port and insert the
cable, m0n0wall should prompt that either your connected or not. I
don't remember the exact verbage.

Also, you could check the LED on the physical interface port. If you
have a good connection, the LED should be ON (lighted).

Did you follow the setup instructions from the mono.ch/documentation page ?