[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vijay Nori <vijay underscore nori at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  GA-K8NS on-board ethernet port
 Date:  Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
m0n0wall v1.2b9

machine: mobo GA-K8NS (http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-K8NS.htm)
  mobo has a 10/100 n/w port on it
  also added 2 PCI 10/100 cards (US Robotics cards)
  processor: AMD Sempron 2800

m0n0 can recognize the two USR cards just fine. However, it is not able to recognize the n/w port
on the mobo which I was hoping would be the third port.

I was planning on setting it up as follows: mobo port for WAN, USR PCI card 1 for wired switch and
USR PCI card 2 for wireless AP.

Any ideas for what may be wrong? does m0n0 wall not support this n/w card? or should I be changing
something in the BIOS?

Thanks.

PS: This is a brand new mobo. The light next to the port glows whenever a CAT5 cable is connected.
Not sure how to test that it
is working (machine does not have OS or drive on it).

http://mail.yahoo.com