[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Dave O <dso at mssystems dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] hardware swapping and/or IPSEC issues...
 Date:  Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:40:40 -0400
On 7/8/05, Dave O <dso at mssystems dot com> wrote:

> I realize that I need up seriously upgrade m0n0,

Indeed!  Don't expect to get much help on a pre-1.0 version.  You
should be able to upgrade on the hardware you have, just go to 1.0,
then 1.1.

> but I've tried to
> upgrade it and the hardware as well (WRAP-1E) but then everything
> suddenly stops working.

What's your internet connection?  Chances are your ISP's router, or
perimeter router, whatever is the next hop up is holding your MAC
address in its ARP cache.  If it's a Cisco, it'll hold that for 4
hours by default.  Power cycling the router, or runing a 'clear arp'
on it if you have access, will fix that.

Also may need to clear the ARP cache on hosts on your LAN if they
don't pick up the change.  If you don't know how, the easy solution is
to reboot them.

-Chris