[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Peter at lboro dot ac dot uk, M at lboro dot ac dot uk
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic shaper question & m0n0wall beginner remarks
 Date:  Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:58:14 +0100
Hi,

> But I have no way of knowing what ports they are using. And most likely its
> port 80, so I can't do anything. Traffic is obviously not evenly shared. I
> figure it can't be shared evenly if you don't tell the shaper which clients
> there are in the LAN. Sure enough the traffic shaper won't find this out
> automatically.

this is easy to reolve (even if these pipes arent too flexible, they'll do the basic)
if ONE person is ruining it for the rest, on well used protocols, simply whack them
to low priority.  copy a couple of the

  	 m_Hated Download
  	 m_Hated Upload

lines in the traffic shaper and edit those 2 new rules to use the address
of the offender (and change the port range to all ports).

alan