[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  "MAALVAREZ at telefonica dot net" <MAALVAREZ at telefonica dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Reenv: Static IP and Captive Portal
 Date:  Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:12:58 +0100
Hi,

> Hi,I have been using m0n0wall for months and, as you already know, it is great.
> One of the most valuable feature for me is the captive portal option with the recent improvements
in RADIUS and local db authentication but I would like to know how could I show the captive portal
page to those users with static IP addresses, static DNS entries and proxies configured.
> Is this possible with M0n0 or FreeBSD?

for proxies, you need to capture/contain their port. m0n0 need to have an option to redirect
traffic from unauthorised machines for a number of ports....eg 1080, 3128.

for other folks, if they do not have a valid MAC allow, then they should be captivated
anyway and will see the 'please login'/'please click yes' type page when they first
browse the web

alan