[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Bridge the two interface
 Date:  Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:26:19 -0400
Tommaso Di Donato wrote:
> Hi all.
> I would like to know how to bridge the two interface: my goal is to
> create a filtering bridge..
> If I understood well, this is possible, right? I saw that I have a
> "bridge" option only if I add an optional interface.. but I do not
> understand how it works.. Do I have to create a new "opt" interface,
> just to bridge lan and wan?

I don't think you can bridge the LAN to the WAN. You can only bridge
an OPT interface to another interface (LAN, WAN, or other OPT). You
would need to add a 3rd NIC, bridge to WAN, and set firewall rules to
meet your needs.

If you only want to use the bridged network, then the LAN interface
would become a "Management" interface/network... and for all practical
purposes the OPT interface would be your "LAN" (although it wild be
labeled "OPT" or what ever you renamed it - I don't think you can
rename the "LAN")...

James W. McKeand