[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher Owens" <marphyre at softhome dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall - Linksys ipsec vpn
 Date:  Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:11:34 -0500
I'm having a little problem with m0n0wall ipsec vpn to my Linksys routers
(BEFVP41 ver2).  I can get the vpn connected fine, and for a minute or so
everything will work fine, but if there is no data traveled over the vpn,
after about a minute the vpn will disconnect, and the only way to get it
back up is to send data (ping or anything else) from a computer on the
m0n0wall end of the vpn.  I've looked all through the list, and it seems
this question has been asked before, but it got no answers.  The only
suggestion I've had so far was to make sure the KeepAlive switch on the
linksys router was on, and I've made sure of that, tried 2 different
firmwares for the linksys, and tried m0n0wall 1.11, 1.2b9, and pfsense 0.68,
every combination does the same thing.  Any suggestions, or is this just a
combination that doesn't work?

Thanks,

Chris