[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  legikaloz <legikaloz at freemail dot hu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bridging [Gotta be a solution!!!]
 Date:  Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:32:47 +0200
Hi,

I've problem to create transparent bridge with m0n0wall. I've explained
the mailing list arhive, but not find the right solution.
I'm using a VIA PC with 3 interfaces: wr0 (Prism 2.5 mini PCI) as WAN,
vr0 (Via Rhine) as LAN and rl0 (realtek 8139D) as OPT1. I'd like to
build a transparent bridge with WAN and OPT. The wr0 is a wireless
client which connects to an AP.

There is a mail in the archive seems a good solution but I can't fully
understand

[quote from Chris Buechler]
"Here's what I'd try. Leave either the WAN or the LAN interface assigned
to one of the wireless cards. Download the config.xml (via backup) and
remove the IP address, leave it blank (no IP). Then put in the sysctl to
bridge the interfaces appropriately in <shellcmd> tags. i.e.
<shellcmd>sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=sis0 ath0 ath1</shellcmd>
(see the FAQ on hidden config.xml options) Save your changes and use
restore to load your modified configuration."
[end of quote]

Which IP address must be removed?
Where is the right place for the <shellcmd> tag?
Is anybody have a sample xml file?

Thank you for your attention,

Zoltan