[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Jeff Ellen" <tgje underscore uiuc at yahoo dot com>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] Speed/Overhead Question
 Date:  Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:51:02 +0200
Hi Jeff,

I made some speedtests with another similiar freebsd-product and a VIA C3 Nehemia 1GHz with
2 ViaRhine 100mbit-cards and two Client with 100mbit 3coms directly connected to it.
I used netio to measure the speed. Clients directly connected to a switch without the firewall
in between measured about 89mbit/s. With the firewall in between (configured like a m0n0wall
with default settings doing NAT) I got about 86-87mbit/s. CPU was running at about 75% during
the tests. Did several testruns. No noticable delay with that platform.

Since the tests were done with a freebsd 6 version and m0n0 runs on freebsd 4.11 networkperformance
of a m0n0 on this hardwareplatform should even be better.

Holger