[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Static Route Issue
 Date:  Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:35:23 -0400
I have a 10.0.10.0/22 address space and we added a router and set it to
handle the traffic for another location.  This router is on 10.0.10.14  the
traffic at the other end is 10.2.10.x/24.  I added a static route to the
main monowall (1.2b9 they all are) for the LAN adapter 10.2.10.0/24 with
gateway 10.0.10.14.  I then went into the advanced section and bypassed the
static route filtering.  I also added the 10.2.10.2 address (the remote
monowall wan) to the captive portal IP pass thru on the main monowall.

I can now talk to the remote site and they can to the main location but not
get out of the main gateway to the internet.  the firewall is logging that
it is blocking them.  So what have I done wrong?

Best Regards,

Bryan Catlin