[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tommaso Di Donato <tommaso dot didonato at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging [Gotta be a solution!!!]
 Date:  Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:59:38 +0200
Hi to all.
I had a similar discussion few days ago on pfSense ml. Because I
really need this kind of configuration (I cannot add a 3rd interface),
I decided to work on the code, just to meet my needs; if I will end up
in something working, I will send it to pfSense, so they could choose
what to do with it.  If you are interested, I can send it to you
too...
This is the last mail I sent them.. If you are aware of problems
related to this "picture", please let me know.
-------------------------------
Ok, I will be pleased to work on it.
In my mind, I would like to add an option in Interface (Assign): now
there is "Add", i would like to create a "Bridge" button. If this
option is chosen, I think that WAN settings should be disabled. If the
two interfaces are bridged, I think that LAN settings should be
modified: must be possible to add a default gateway.
Firewall settings should not be affected by this change... maybe VPN
yes (I have to look at it better..)
Let me know if this way could be goor for you,
Tom