[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 To:  "'Chris Buechler'" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Static Route Issue
 Date:  Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:18:36 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Buechler [mailto:cbuechler at gmail dot com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:28 PM
Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

On 7/14/05, Bryan Catlin <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net> wrote:
> I have a 10.0.10.0/22 address space and we added a router and set it
> to handle the traffic for another location.  This router is on
> 10.0.10.14  the traffic at the other end is 10.2.10.x/24.  I added a
> static route to the main monowall (1.2b9 they all are) for the LAN
> adapter 10.2.10.0/24 with gateway 10.0.10.14.  I then went into the
> advanced section and bypassed the static route filtering.  I also
> added the 10.2.10.2 address (the remote monowall wan) to the captive
portal IP pass thru on the main monowall.

> I can now talk to the remote site and they can to the main location
> but not get out of the main gateway to the internet.  the firewall is
> logging that it is blocking them.  So what have I done wrong?
>

>Sounds like maybe enabling the static route filtering bypass also bypasses
the permit rule that gets added when you add a >static route to open up the
antispoofing rules for that routed subnet.  If you uncheck that box does it
work?

>-Chris

No it doesn't.  I think it remains the same the remote network can get
totthe main but the main can not talk back to the remote then.  With it
bypassed it works both ways but still no outbound traffic.

Bryan