[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Cotter" <andrew dot cotter at somersetcapital dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] nokia ip330
 Date:  Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:01:42 -0400
I am hung up on this as well.  I don't think I understand how to overcome
the MAC address issue ff:ff:ff.....

Correct me if I am wrong but, my vauge understanging of this is:

Install m0n0 on the HD/CF in another box (aka cheap pc) with 3 (or same
number as the IP330 box) network cards in it.

Then it is my understanding you have to go an edit a file and put in a
spoofed MAC addresses.  Those addresses can be any valid address as long as
you dont have a conflict on your network.  I am guessing you need to be
careful not to use something that be be on the ISP side as well.

How do I edit the file and what is it?   I am, for the most part, a PC user
and have a number of RHEL servers around.  Do I need a FreeBSD box?  Maybe a
live CD that I can mount the HD/CF?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Andrew