[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul" <paul at meshoula dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Need help with Senao / Prism wireless card and m0n0wall.
 Date:  Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:42:40 -0600 (MDT)
I hope that someone has some insight into my

m0n0wall on a Soekris 4521 with a Senao 2511-CD 802.11b pcmcia card

regarding the wireless mode.

pages hang half-way loading then resume loading after 30-60 seconds or so.

In IBSS mode, the performance is great but my laptop keeps
disconnecting

because of the way Windows "devalues" ad-hoc networks in its
preferred
networks order.

Net
Stumbler see anything.

There are some collisions on the wireless interface, but I'm
attributing
that to being on the edge of someone else's home AP that's on a nearby

because I can switch from hostap to IBSS to get a better connetion and
back to hostap and see degradation again.

flashing it up to something even newer (1.7.9) but I've read that
FreeBSD (m0n0wall) drivers for Prism cards won't work well with firmware
newer than 1.5.6.

My questions are:

Why is hostap mode so much slower than IBSS?

Can I flash the 802.11b card's firmware above 1.5.6 for better results?

Shouldn't I be able to find my network when the wireless is in BSS
mode?

Why do I keep disconnecting and reconnecting when it's in IBSS mode?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Paul