[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Raylund Lai <raylund dot lai at kankanwoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Accessing ADSL modem
 Date:  Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:44:13 -0400
Hi,

I've SpeedTouch Home ADSL modem attached on m0n0 WAN (xl1) and acts as a
bridged-PPPoE ADSL modem.  That is m0n0 will do the PPPoE
authentication. But the web or telnet connection can only be made to the
modem if directly connected.

I've followed the instructions on
http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=AccessingModemOutsideFirewall
without luck.

I checked my WAN interface and m0n0 showed "ng0" with my public ip.  I
cannot set aliasing on ng0 with this error returned:
$ ifconfig ng0 inet 10.0.0.1/24 alias
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Destination address required

I could alias the interface xl1 though and completed all the
instructions.  After that, I still cannot connect to the modem through m0n0.

Could someone help me on this issue?  I want to monitor my adsl line
operation data such as SNR given by the modem and not disconnected from
the internet.

Cheers
Raylund