[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Raylund Lai <raylund dot lai at kankanwoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing ADSL modem
 Date:  Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:09:09 -0400

I did it. :)

As m0n0 is now doing the PPPoE authentication, WAN will be ng0.  There
is no way to set the map for xl1 in the webGUI.

I did it through webGUI's exec.php

   1. is my LAN, is m0n0's LAN interface
      ip, is my modem's ip.
   2. I create the following lines in a file (unix format), say
      xl1.rules, on my PC.
          * map xl1 from to ->
            proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
          * map xl1 from to ->
            portmap tcp/udp auto
          * map xl1 from to ->
   3. Copy the file to a msdos formated floppy.
   4. On the m0n0 webGUI, type url
   5. Execute the command ifconfig xl1 inet alias
   6. Insert the created floppy
   7. Execute the command mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/
   8. Execute the command ipnat -f /mnt/xl1.rules

Now I can telnet and browse to the modem using the ip address