[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Isolation
 Date:  Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:20:51 +0200
> Hi, may be this question has been made, but, How can i make isolation?
> I don't want that the users over my LAN see each other but the m0n0 box (soekris 4511)
> Is this possible with m0n0?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: It's possible to split your LAN network into several
subnets (e.g. /30). Configure the switch to place every network in its
own VLAN and enable VLANs on the m0n0wall. Other solution would be to
enable ACLs on your switch, if this is possible.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     Let's call it an accidental feature.
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   --Larry Wall