[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tom Dostal <tom dot dostal at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem with WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN / 1 miniPCI) 128MB boards
 Date:  Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:14:01 -0500
I'm having a problem with running monowall 1.11 on WRAP 1E-2 boards.

 I received the first board and installed Monowall v1.11 and used it
as my firewall connected to Charter cable.  It worked fine at first
and then after a few days it began to slow my internet connection to a
crawl.  At first I thought it was the ISP but then I began to suspect
Monowall/WRAP and reconnected by old WRT54G as my firewall box and my
internet was back to normal speed.

I returned the WRAP board to the supplier as defective and obtained a
replacement.  I installed the replacement and it exhibited the same
behavior after a few days.  Does anyone have any idea what the problem
is?  I suspect heat may be the issue.  I have the board installed in
the vendor's aluminum case and it gets warm to the touch.  It is in a
room that is kept about 76 degrees F.

I really like the Monowall firewall and would like to get it working correctly.