[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Braden McGrath <braden at big dash geek dot net>
 Cc:  Jens Persson <trafikpolisen at telia dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Using dynamic dns service not listed i m0n0
 Date:  Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:22:26 +0200
Am Montag, den 18.07.2005, 21:44 -0400 schrieb Braden McGrath:
> I'm assuming that the code just stores the server to connect
> to and protocol to use in a config file somewhere, so he just needs to
Assuming is exactly not what people would help. I've took a look at the
source again. Unfortunately there isn't any real documentation in it.
The links on the website are all broken. But reading a little bit helps
out.

Ok Jens, take a look at
http://linux.com.hk/PenguinWeb/manpage.jsp?section=8&name=ez-ipupdate
for the manual page.

Fill in your parameters to the DynDNS page of your m0n0wall:
http(s)://<m0n0ip>/services_dyndns.php

Go to the execution page:
http(s)://<m0n0ip>/exec.php

Type in:
echo "server=<server name>" >> /var/etc/ez-ipupdate.conf
where <server name> is the DynDNS server of your provider.

Go to the WAN page of your m0n0:
http(s)://<m0n0ip>/nterfaces_wan.php
Don't change anything and just press "Save". Your firewall should now
reconnect to the internet and calls ez-ipupdate with the changed config
afterwards.

Verify everything does well by looking at the system log page:
http://192.168.200.254/diag_logs.php
for a string like:
/usr/local/bin/ez-ipupdate[86172]: successful update for ng0-><ip-addr>
(<dyndns.host.name>)

And yes, it's easy to implement this in next (beta) version.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           I've run DOOM more in the last few days
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     than I have the last few months. I just love