[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Dave Evans <dave dot whangarei at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to track a changing external IP to accessthewebGUI
 Date:  Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:08:11 +0200
Am Mittwoch, den 20.07.2005, 01:19 +1200 schrieb Dave Evans:
> The domain name must be right, the userid/password must be right, and it
> must also be a valid MAC address, although the IP will be different quite
> often.
>
> Would this approach have any merit ?
No, because the m0n0wall can't see the mac address of your (home) sites.
Furthermore, if it could, there's quite a chance to spoof the mac
address by an intruder. This is much more simplier done than spoofing an
IP-address.

Take a look at the SSH-solution, I told you. Combined with public keys
instead of plain passwords, this would be the safest and simpliest
solution to have management access from the outside.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     The autodecrement is not magical.  -- Larry
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   Wall in the perl man page