[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 To:  "'Jonas Claesson'" <jonas dot claesson at home dot se>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Anyone with experience of using Monowalls captive portal in a Hotspot solution?
 Date:  Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:17:43 -0400
We run Monowall as our captive portal to all of our pay for and free
hotspots.  We use freeradius w/mysql backend as the authentication/time
keeper and have a billing system that thru a web page takes all info
authenticates the credit cards and creates the radius accounts.  Thru the
new feature in the 1.2b9 monowall it can read the freeradius db every minute
and disconnect the clients when they are no longer there or when they send a
access-reject.

So basically you need a freeradius setup and something that creates the
accounts and deletes them when the time is up.  B9 monowall will do the
rest.  One pc with the right setup could probably do this for you.

Bryan