[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem with WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN / 1 miniPCI) 128MB boards
 Date:  Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
Please check the POWER SUPPLY on the WRAP and Soekris boards.  I have
seen very odd and unpredictable behavior on my WRAP when the power
supply was on the verge of failing.  It could also explain the apparent
"heat sensitivity" of the router since turning it off would allow its
supply to cool, altering the behavior of the system.

In my case, my WRAP would crash repeatably, but only when I opened an
http session to the console!  It was like Heisenburg's Uncertainty
Principle -- everything would work until I tried to observe it, then it
would promptly crash. It was also "apparently" heat-related because the
router would work again if I unplugged it for a couple of minutes.

http://mail.yahoo.com