[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kenneth Oncinian <kenneth dot oncinian at ph dot panasonic dot com>
 To:  Ivan Blanco <ivanwhite at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Fwd: Bridging shaper
 Date:  Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:32:01 +0800
To the list,

>Take note that when configuring shaping on a bridge=20
>in m0n0wall, you can only shape the inbound traffic on each interface.

It seems on a bridging setup, you can shape incoming and outgoing
traffic but not the conventional way.
Simulating internet and lan on a lab setup, I bridged LAN and OPT
interface. OPT interface connects to
our LAN simulating Internet and OPT is connected to a switch which the
test boxes are connected simulating a local area network.
And the following are the results:
1. To shape incoming traffic, the incoming direction of the the OPT
interface should be use for defining the shaping rules.
2. To shape outgoing traffic, the incoming direction of the the LAN
interface should be use for defining the shaping rules.

[ internet ] ------ [      monowall     ]  ------   [ LAN ]
                           lan <bridged> opt
incoming  ----->  in out          out  in  <------ outgoing

If anyone could verify this, it will be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Kenneth