[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dirk Enrique Seiffert <ds at caribenet dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Anyone with experience of using Monowalls captive portal in a Hotspot solution?
 Date:  Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:36:42 -0500
> We run Monowall as our captive portal to all of our pay for and free
> hotspots.  We use freeradius w/mysql backend as the authentication/time
> keeper and have a billing system that thru a web page takes all info
> authenticates the credit cards and creates the radius accounts.  Thru the
> new feature in the 1.2b9 monowall it can read the freeradius db every
> minute and disconnect the clients when they are no longer there or when
> they send a access-reject.

We did some testing with the captive portal beta9 with less positive results:
One problem we had was the authentication/authorization of the AP, not the
final user. When one single user behind an AP got authenticated, all users on
this AP got granted access. A second issue was that M0n0wall wouldn't
disconnect an active session (but deny a new session in case of a negative
account balance.)

We don't use freeradius but pyrad as this is part of a comercial application
we are evaluating. Maybe this is a pyrad issue?

--
Dirk Enrique Seiffert
CaribeNet S.A. - Cartagena - Colombia

MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.