[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Karsten dot Thomsen at smg dot dk
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN tunnel between two monowalls
 Date:  Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:24:33 +0200
Hi

Yes I have the default rule for both LAN
at work the LAN address is 172.22.200.0/24
at home the LAN address is 172.23.200.0/24

And I can ping the monowall (ip 172.22.200.20) LAN side at work from home, but I
can't ping the servers ?

Regards
Karsten

Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> on 22-07-2005 00:13:31

Please respond to Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>

To:   Karsten Thomsen/SMG@SMGDEN
cc:   m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

On 7/21/05, Karsten dot Thomsen at smg dot dk <Karsten dot Thomsen at smg dot dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to get a VPN running between my two monowalls, and I can se in the
> log that the tunnels is up, but I can't
> access the other net.
>
> I think that my problem is the firewall rules, the doc say that the firewall
> rule allowing ESP should auto generate,
> but my don't, and I'm not sour how they should look like.
>
> So can anyone tell me what rules I need to make to get it running ?

none (assuming you have the default allow all rule on the LAN of both
sides).  Is the LAN subnet the same on both sides?  Like
192.168.1.1/24 on both ends, for instance?  The subnets have to be
different or the traffic will never make it off of the local network
on either side.

-Chris