[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 To:  "'Dirk Enrique Seiffert'" <ds at caribenet dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Anyone with experience of using Monowalls captive portal in a Hotspot solution?
 Date:  Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:43:48 -0400
We do not use wep or radius wep on the Aps. We leave them open and their lan
ports connect to a switch and that to  the lan port on the monowall.  They
can associate with the AP and get on the lan side of the monowall, that then
stops them and asks for the radius username and password.  If they pass that
then they get to goto the wan side of the monowall and the internet.

It sounds like you have radius wep on the Aps turned on and when on gets it
right they all come thru as that user using the aps mac address then and the
monowall does not get to do its job on each user.  The AP is just a layer 2
device and each users mac address is what is used to do everything on the
captive portal.

We have several setup this way and all monowalls authenticate against the
one radius server.

Bryan