[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Mee <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  regular reboot via shellcmd?
 Date:  Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:19:15 -0700
Is it possible to setup a regular reboot via <shellcmd>?

We have 1.2b9 running on a 32MB Soekris 4511 board with an ISP that
provides 2 minute DHCP leases(!).  And it seems that every lease renewal
chews a tiny bit of RAM. On the 64MB board we previously used this would
take weeks before becoming a problem, now it seems to take a couple of
days. (We're not entirely sure, still reading tea leaves, oops I mean
the remote syslog entries, looking for clues).

So ... we thought if it was simple enough, we'd add a shellcmd to reboot
the box every 24 hrs or so.

Has anyone tried this?  Did it work?  I'll write up whatver solution I
get so it can get added to the wiki and/or docs.

Thanks in advance!

cheers, michael
www.socalfreenet.org