[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 To:  "'Jonas Claesson'" <jonas dot claesson at home dot se>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Anyone with experience of using Monowalls captive portal in a Hotspot solution?
 Date:  Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:07:24 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news at sea dot gmane dot org] On Behalf Of Jonas Claesson
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 3:11 AM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: [m0n0wall] Re: Anyone with experience of using Monowalls captive
portal in a Hotspot solution?

Bryan Catlin wrote:
> We run Monowall as our captive portal to all of our pay for and free
> hotspots.  We use freeradius w/mysql backend as the
> authentication/time keeper and have a billing system that thru a web
> page takes all info authenticates the credit cards and creates the
> radius accounts.  Thru the new feature in the 1.2b9 monowall it can
> read the freeradius db every minute and disconnect the clients when
> they are no longer there or when they send a access-reject.
>
> So basically you need a freeradius setup and something that creates
> the accounts and deletes them when the time is up.  B9 monowall will
> do the rest.  One pc with the right setup could probably do this for you.
>
> Bryan
>

> Roger that!

> This sounds like the right solution for us.
> How much work is it to create a simple webpage that just has a button that
creates a username/password for a limited > time?

> /Jonas

What kind or web server would you be using?  Windows or Linux type?  Anyway
that is just to know what language to program it in ph or ASPX perhaps.  It
is not that hard but you will need something to take the account back out at
the right time. Like in a cron job or something.

Let me know what platform you want to use and I'll think if how to get it
done for you ;)

Bryan