[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil <xphilz at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN / 1 miniPCI) 128MB boards
 Date:  Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:11:58 +1000
I have the WRAP 1-2 as well and I am in Australia where its winter at
the moment and my computer room is very cool. I am also having very
bad performance from this box and I think its due to the heat as when
I touch the case of the WRAP box its almost at the point where its too
hot to touch. Symptons include;
- Complete network slow down (turning off for a while is only way to fix)
- Corrupted my memory card due to the heat and had to re-flash
- DHCP stopped working; had to re-flash (this is re-occuring, has
happened about 6 times now)

I am running 1.2b9, so I am not sure if its a WRAP issue or the
firmware issue? I only have 2 machines plugged in and less than a
handful of rules, so its not like the WRAP board is being flogged or
anything.

I am a little disappointed with this as I am having to spend more and
more time troubleshooting my network where my original plan was to
just buy the box and never touch it unless I had to move like my old
netgears.

Cheers,
Phil.