[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Access to VPN in a Dynamic Lan
 Date:  Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:57:27 -0400
On 7/22/05, Mike Razavi <mike at havepc dot com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I have Dynamic DSL (no Static IP) which in result I have enabled DHCP and Dynamic IP on my
M0N0WALL. This firewall is located in my house and I am trying to access my outside server via VPN
connection. There's no server on my house so basically is like: DSL-->M0N0WALL-->LAN.

> From my LAN I would like to access to my VPN server. How can I let this traffic to go out from my
LAN to WAN?

That's more dependent on the remote VPN server.  m0n0wall, with the
default allow all rule on the LAN, will allow out VPN traffic.  If the
remote VPN server is IPsec, it will need to support NAT-T and have it
enabled.  Other than that, everything should just work.

What kind of VPN, and what isn't working, or what is it doing/not doing?

-Chris