[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Stoffel" <john at stoffel dot org>
 To:  Phil <xphilz at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN / 1 miniPCI) 128MB boards
 Date:  Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:36:35 -0400
Phil> I have the WRAP 1-2 as well and I am in Australia where its winter at
Phil> the moment and my computer room is very cool. I am also having very
Phil> bad performance from this box and I think its due to the heat as when
Phil> I touch the case of the WRAP box its almost at the point where its too
Phil> hot to touch. Symptons include;
Phil> - Complete network slow down (turning off for a while is only way to fix)
Phil> - Corrupted my memory card due to the heat and had to re-flash
Phil> - DHCP stopped working; had to re-flash (this is re-occuring, has
Phil> happened about 6 times now)

What kind of power supply do you have on your WRAP board?  It sounds
to me that you've got one with a voltage output on the low end, so
that the WRAP is having to bring up the voltage internally.

Make sure you have a power supply that is pushing 15-18V to the WRAP
board, that should help alot.

If you post your power supply info, I can check what my power supply
is when I get home and we can compare.  But my WRAP runs just fine
from waht I see...

I'm runnig 1.2b7 I think.  Should probably upgrade to the latest beta
and go back down to the 4.x series of kernel.

John