[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN / 1 miniPCI) 128MB boards
 Date:  Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:35:03 -0400
On 7/23/05, Phil <xphilz at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I was running the 1.2b7 for ages as I have an atheros wireless card as
> well and I didnt want to loose wireless support by upgrading, but the
> issues I have been facing got so bad that the only way I could get the
> m0n0wall\WRAP to be stable was to go to 1.2b9 which changes the kernal
> back to 4.x as you mentioned and this has been a lot more stable. So I
> am guessing that my problems are with the WRAP board now and its
> interesting that you are running 15-18V where I am only running 12v.

I haven't really been following this thread, but a lot of the
stability issues on the 5.x based versions with WRAP boards seemed to
be heat related.  It stressed the hardware much more because it was
much less efficient, and hence generated much more heat.  I recall one
person whose freezing issues stopped completely after removing their
crypto card because there was some chip under the miniPCI slot that
was getting way too hot with it in there (don't remember details,
sorry).  Might be the same deal with a wireless card.

Assuming you haven't taken it out already, I'd be curious what
happened if you did (not like you can use it with b9 anyway).

-Chris