[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Racey <brace008 at uottawa dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Why Revert from 5.3 back to 4.x? (RE: Wireless Support)
 Date:  Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:43:02 -0400
First off, I am new to this list, and asking questions about m0n0wall. I
did a search of the archives and couldn't come up with anything.

Why was the beta switched back to 4.x? Was it stability or security
reasons? Is there any reason to NOT use the 5.3 beta releases at this
time? The reason I am asking is that I wanted to use a 802.11b/g card.
Will a b/g card function under 4.x but only in b mode?

I have read the beta changelog, but are there any critical
vulnerabilities since the revert back from FreeBSD 5.3? Thanks.