[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kasper Pedersen" <m0n0list dash kkp at kasperkp dot dk>
 To:  "Tom Dostal" <tom dot dostal at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN / 1 miniPCI) 128MB boards
 Date:  Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:32:49 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Dostal" <tom dot dostal at gmail dot com>

>Out of pure coincidence, I put my hand on top of the wrap aluminum
>case and put a small amount of downward pressure on it.  All of a
>sudden my thoughput jumped to 3Mbps!

Are you able to get your wrap into the 100kbps state, and then measure
packet loss through it instead of just raw transfer rate?
I have a wrap 2eth/2minipci I can run through a climatic testing chamber
(though I'll have to ask the owner of the wrap first).
My guess would be that you see packet loss on one or both interfaces.

Second, do you live next door to a powerful RF emitter? I have a smallscale
EMC lab too.
On the WRAP I have here the corner screw holes are connected to GND, and the
ethernet connectors are well decoupled to GND too. A nearby RF emitter and
UTP cable just _might_ cause problems (since then the rf decoupling isn't
connected).

/Kasper