[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  yamahito <yamahito at gmail dot com>
 To:  Tom Anderson <tom at haremail dot net>
 Cc:  Pascal Gaudette <pascal underscore gaudette at yahoo dot ca>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Colour me impressed! Plus a question...
 Date:  Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:09:45 +0100
Yes, but something that runs from a RAM disk should overcome that problem.

Pascal, check out something like damnsmallinux
(http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/).  If you set up the CF as a hard disk
(not sure how you're going to do that) and do a hard disk install,
that should give you a nice starting point.  The whole system is
designed to run in under 50MB, so it should fit on a reasonably sized
CF card with few or no problems, and because it was designed to run
off read-only systems, the problems that Tom mentions should also be
minimised.