[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tom Dostal <tom dot dostal at gmail dot com>
 To:  John Stoffel <john at stoffel dot org>
 Cc:  Phil <xphilz at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN / 1 miniPCI) 128MB boards
 Date:  Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:28:23 -0500
Thanks for the helpful comments from all.  Here's what I did:

I found a different 18v power supply and used that.

I loaded the latest beta firmware from the monowall site.

I reset to factory defaults.

I changed the default firewall rule for the lan to "allow fragmented
packets".  This seemed to help before.

The throughput (according to the traffic graph) was then about 100kbs
(which seemed to be about twice what I was getting before).

For a test, I went to the windows update site and downloaded a large
service pack rollup.  I was getting about 100 kb.

Out of pure coincidence, I put my hand on top of the wrap aluminum
case and put a small amount of downward pressure on it.  All of a
sudden my thoughput jumped to 3Mbps!

The next morning, the throughput was back to 100kbs.  I started
downloading a cd image from Microsoft.  I put my hand on top of the
wrap aluminum case and put a small amount of downward pressure on it.
All of a sudden my thoughput jumped to 3Mbps!

I'm thinking maybe a grounding issue?