[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Louis Desjardins <louis at ldhl dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  unable to get m0n0 working
 Date:  Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:41:10 -0400
Hello all;

I have been trying to get m0n0 (CDROM, PC) working. Here are some of the
issues:

1- on an older P3 866 (ASUS P3B motherboard), could not have any
realtek-based or 3Com nic recognized by the system. Figure the MB is too old
or incompatible with BSD.

2- On a AMD Duron with a Via chipset and also on a P3 450 (ASUS P2B
motherboard), no problem finding the nics. However, m0n0 will not read the
config from the floppy upon reboot, so nic assignment, IP address
assignment, etc. do not work and I cannot get to the webgui. I did check
that the diskette works properly by booting an other OS from the diskette -
not the same physical diskette, of course!

Can someone please indicate what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

LD