[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Pascal Gaudette' <pascal underscore gaudette at yahoo dot ca>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OT African laptop RE: [m0n0wall] Colour me impressed! Plus a question...
 Date:  Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:13:13 +1200
Politely - if you're worried about your laptop's hard drive being the major
source of failire then you've never been to africa.

Your major machine killer will be electricity, both dirty and lack-of.

You should look at buying the following items
	a couple of batteries
	some method of charging all/many of your batteries at once
	a solar panel capable of running the laptop and charging a battery
	wall adapters for whatever countries you're going to
	Optionally a universal UPS and spike protection

And I'd advise strongly that you check with your laptop supplier/maker to
make sure you have a true international warranty.

If hard drives worry you, then take a spare HDD and install CDs.