[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] citrix metaframe client, and latency?
 Date:  Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:20:09 -0400
On 7/25/05, Jared Armstrong <jarmstrong at woh dot rr dot com> wrote:
> If it is a general performance issue; how do I start to correct it?

well if you're not getting very good throughput on typical transfers,
like downloads or what not, I'd start looking for performance issues.
First and most common is a duplex mismatch.  from there, I'd start
looking at logs and other things.  Doesn't sound like performance is a
problem in general though, or else your RDP over VPN wouldn't work

>  I have
> traffic shaping disabled, and have only added rules to try and help the
> citrix connection. What other items should I look at changing to fix the
> performance issue?

I wouldn't have added any rules, the default is fine.

> Fromw hat I understand citrix uses tcp/udp on port 80 for firewall reasons
> compatibility. However it looks like it might be denying these packets due
> to packet length.

No, ICA uses TCP 1494 unless you've specifically changed that, or
you're running over the web interface.

> 07:20:28.518829 tx0 @0:11 b xx.xx.xx.xx,80 ->,2536 PR tcp
> len 20 40 -AF IN

That actually to or from your Citrix server?  Looks like something
that got cut off from the state table before the connection was really
closed.  shouldn't be a problem though, it happens periodically.