[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Barry Mather <barry dot mather at dore dot com dot au>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] reverse captive portal
 Date:  Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:54:38 +0100
Hi,

> I'm looking for a way to run captive portal on the WAN interface ... not
> having much luck so far ...
>

> What I want is to be able to auth to a radius server when a request
> comes to the f/w from the WAN interface on port 80, if the auth succeeds
> then they get allowed through the rule base to a web server running on
> the LAN interface ....

erm, why not run the RADIUS authentication on your web server itself - since that is what you are
putting them through to and requiring the authentication for  ?

Apache does have a RADIUS authentication module:

http://www.wede.de/sw/mod_auth_radius.html

very easy to use - and wouldnt cause the sort of issues you might have trying to do the way
you are doing

alan