[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Louis Desjardins <louis at ldhl dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] unable to get m0n0 working
 Date:  Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:42:59 +0100
Hi,

> 1- on an older P3 866 (ASUS P3B motherboard), could not have any
> realtek-based or 3Com nic recognized by the system. Figure the MB is too old
> or incompatible with BSD.

m0n0 quite happily works on much older systems than that - which is a relatively
new CPU and motherboard :-)   I'd check your PCI settings in the BIOS - did
you ahev PnP enabled, or IRQ assignments made? you want all of that off.

> 2- On a AMD Duron with a Via chipset and also on a P3 450 (ASUS P2B
> motherboard), no problem finding the nics. However, m0n0 will not read the
> config from the floppy upon reboot, so nic assignment, IP address
> assignment, etc. do not work and I cannot get to the webgui. I did check
> that the diskette works properly by booting an other OS from the diskette -
> not the same physical diskette, of course!

did any errors pop up on screen during the boot? I use m0n0 from HD and CF
devices so dont live in the world of CDROMs and floppies (which always
go wrong too often in the end :-)

alan