[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nicholas J Humfrey <njh at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk>
 To:  =?WINDOWS-1252?Q?=95_=95?= <googl3meister at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Layer 2 Bridging Firewall ?
 Date:  Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:31:05 +0100
Just checked this out on a test machine to make sure I am right.

I setup a bridge between my WAN and DMZ interfaces, initially
Allowing All traffic to bridge between the interfaces (and the
filtering bridge option turned on). IPv4 and IPv6 was working fine -
ICMP, TCP etc.. I then created Block All rules for both the DMZ and
WAN interfaces. All IPv4 traffic was correctly blocked.

However non-IPv4 packets (IPv6, IPX, AppleTalk) were still being
bridged.

nick.