[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Weird interface problem...
 Date:  Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:38:25 +0100
Hi,

        I'm running m0n0wall 1.2b9 and have been successfully for a
while - was running 1.11 for a long time before that.

        I've got a Compaq SFF with the onboard NIC as LAN and two Compaq
dual-port NICs, currently using only two of the interfaces, one as WAN
and the other as OPT1.

        OPT1 is bridged with WAN and I have a SIP server on OPT1.

        Now for the weird thing - the SIP server is connected to the
firewall with a crossover cable and when the SIP server is rebooted the
interfaces on both machines come up, as shown by the status lights.
mii-tool on the SIP server show that the interface is up and auto
negotiated 100baseTx-FD.

        Even though the link is up I have no connectivity at all,
however when I go to status.php on M0n0wall the connectivity is restored
!!!

        Does anyone have an explanation for this or any suggestions as
to what I can do to debug this further?

        TIA,

                                Neil.

--
Neil A. Hillard                E-Mail:   neil at dana dot org dot uk
                               Web:      http://www.dana.org.uk/