[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OT: AP Recommendations
 Date:  Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:40:27 -0500
So it finally cooled off enough to get up into the attic yesterday, to
try to find a way to wire the upstairs to the downstairs and hide the
cable that is running across the hallway and down the stairs.  Baby #1
is due 8/15, so that CAT5's lifetime is very limited ;-)

Long story short, noggings are the death of me, there's just no way to
get CAT5 down the wall without me spending more than I would on a
wireless solution.  Security isn't an issue for me, as I'll have an
OpenBSD firewall running authpf behind the AP.

I came across the DLink DWL-7100AP.  It looks nice, provide 802.11a
backhaul/bridge, and 802.11b/g access point capability simultaneously.

Anyone have any opinions on this unit, or recommendations for something
similar?

Justin