[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pascal Gaudette <pascal underscore gaudette at yahoo dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Colour me impressed! Plus a question... (OT)
 Date:  Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:43:54 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions.  FWIW, I'll be looking
at Damn Small and Puppy, which were mentioned here,
but also at Beatrix and some larger "normal" distros
like Ubuntu.  Since 1GB CF cards aren't too expensive,
I don't need to use an especially small distro.  Any
distro that distributes a LiveCD should make a good
starting point, that will allow me to run read-only
using ramdisk.

One distro that might prove especially useful is
PCLinuxOS, since it includes the ability to (easily)
create a LiveCD image from any installation (see
http://livecd.berlios.de/).  This may allow me to
install to HD, customize to my heart's content, and
then move that to CF.  We'll see. :)

Thanks again.

--
Pascal Gaudette <pascal underscore gaudette at yahoo dot ca>

http://mail.yahoo.com